These rainbow cupcakes (click HERE for recipe or see below) with glitter unicorn cupcake toppers celebrated my friend Ingrid's birthday. Thanks for being wonderful and fierce, Ingrid! Remember, a unicorn is just a horse with a birthday party hat on...
Rainbow Cupcakes (in six easy steps)
1. Make a WHITE cake mix, and preheat oven accordingly. I KNOW, I KNOW! I am usually religiously against cake mixes but you want a runny, wet batter. Plus these cupcakes look labor intensive, even though they aren't at all, so your friends will already be impressed. Stop over achieving.
2. Divide batter equally into bowls and add food coloring for each color. I used six colors from Ateco food gels.
3. Place liners in cupcake tray and spoon 1 teaspoon of each color in the center of the cup. The cake cups should be about 1/2 full.
4. Bake according to mix (I'm cringing, too. It's okay.) instructions.
5. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
6. Enjoy, and show off your colors!